Croatian Visa for South Africans
Sirius Travel is an accredited Travel Agency/ visa submission office and can submit Croatia visa applications for South African passport holders as passengers who travel exclusively for the purpose of tourism through the agency Sirius Travel in the Republic of Croatia and travel exclusively to facilities provided by Croatian Agencies with which Sirius Travel has a contract.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISA APPLICATION:
1. Visa application form:
OPTION 1 – complete the online application at https://crovisa.mvep.hr/default.aspx?langId=en, and upload the photo and all required documents
View or download the how-to-guide here: Croatian Visa – How to complete an online application form
The following documents must be scanned and uploaded: Face Photograph 35x45mm; Passport – photo page; Travel Health Insurance; Transportation Booking – Air Ticket; Accommodation booking proof; Bank Statements; Employment / Study proof/letter.
When finalized, please print out the application form, write down the PIN number next to the Serial number, and sign the application at the bottom and next to the line “I am aware that the visa fee is not refunded if the visa is refused” ( 2 signatures are needed)
OPTION 2 – if you cannot do an online application you can submit the handwritten application, contact us to ask for the blank application copy, and we shall re-do the application online (make sure it is signed twice – at field no. 37 and at the bottom of the page).
2. Passport + 1x colour photo 35×45 mm + photocopy of the passport ( photo page only)
( Passport must be issued within the last 10 years, with expiry date exceeding the expiry date of the requested visa by a minimum of three months, and contain at least 2 empty pages)
3. Copy of Airline ticket (From the country of origin to Croatia and return to the country of origin or the third country)
3. Proof of accommodation in Croatia, for the whole period of stay (You must have a Voucher /Booking Confirmation / or proof of fully pre-paid accommodation)
– Accommodation: vouchers with the name of the establishment, physical address, and telephone number
– Local cruise: written confirmation from the cruising agency (letterhead, stamp, signed) plus detailed itinerary (name of the ship, ports in Croatia, date of arrival/departure to and from ports)
– Private boat: registration papers of ownership, copy of owner’s passport, name of the boat, and its base port in Croatia
4. Travel Health Insurance for CROATIA /NON-SCHENGEN COUNTRIES / WORLDWIDE – the minimum cover of EUR30000 ( you can obtain it from your Medical Aid, credit card company if you paid the flights with a credit card, or we can arrange it for you)
5. Proof of sufficient funds – EUR 70 per day for the duration of your stay ( Bank statement showing at least minimum amount required)
6. Employment letter ( or letter from School or University for scholars/students)
We need your passport, photograph, application form, the hard copies of all your supporting documents listed above, and the proof of payment to Sirius Travel, to be delivered or couriered to us.
You should apply at least 3 weeks before your departure, but not sooner than 3 months before your trip.
Please note that there won’t be any updates on applications received. We will only contact you if some documents are missing, and when the passport with the Croatian visa is ready for collection from our office.
NO APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED. MON – FRI 08h00 to 17h00.
UNIT 13 SANDTON VILLAGE ESTATE
Tel: 072 385 8278
COST FOR APPLYING TO SIRIUS TRAVEL 3 WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE:
-Embassy Visa cost R 1500 plus Service fee R 600 = Total Payable: R 2100
-Handwritten or incorrectly completed application and upload of documents and photo=Extra R 150
NEDBANK Branch code 197005
Account Number 1970850582 ( current account)
Reference: APPLICANT’S SURNAME and initials
PROCESSING TIME: Processing time at the Embassy is 15-20 days from submission.
Please note that you may be required to come for a personal interview with the visa officer at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia prior to a decision being made on your application.
Submitting a visa application, including all the required documents, does not automatically mean that the visa will be issued. The visa application fee is non-refundable once the application has been accepted at the Embassy.
EXEMPTION FROM VISA COST ( service fee still applies)
Children under the age of 12
Members of the immediate family of a Croatian citizen (spouse and children)– must submit copies of their passport and marriage/birth certificate (as applicable)
Members of families of citizens of the EU Member States and EEA, traveling together, must submit a copy of the EU spouse/parent passport, marriage/ birth certificate, and airline ticket.
For further info and assistance please contact us Tel: 072 385 8278